The thought of losing a child... no one ever wants to know how that feels.
I had just learned of my dear friend Brittany's loss when the very next day I learned that my cousin, Josh and Stacie had lost a child too. My first thought... more angels in heaven. How greatful I am to know that someday my family and friend will have the peace that they will be with their children again! The gospel is such a wonderful, amazing knowledge. Someone commented on one of their blogs that it isn't a loss, only a mere postponement. Now, I'm sure that neither family is ready to feel that way just yet... but isn't it so awesome to have that knowledge? The hurt and heartache that they are feeling right now would be so much more devastating if when life ended so did our existance.
I am so greatful to my parents for teaching me and raising me in the church, to all my friends who helped me find my way through the high school years and to my husband for waiting for me, so that we could start our own eternal family. I love my husband so much, and my son is the joy of my life. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for every single moment that I get to share this life with them. My heart aches for the loss and my love and prayers go out to both families.
Friday, June 13, 2008
More Angels in Heaven
Posted by kisha at 10:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
hey Kisha- I agree 100% with what you said. I read your blog last night about your friends little boy, and i already knew about Josh and Stacy. I was so sad last night, thinking of what they are going through. You just cant imagine. I know of 2 other angels that just went to Heaven...its a humbling thing to think about.
- Meredith Urry (Michelles friend)
Nicely worded Kisha~ I didn't know that Josh was your cousin...I had just finished reading your blog last night and commenting about cute baby Daxton when I went to Stacie's blog and read about her sweet baby girl...I was in awe and completely overwhelmed with so many emotions. It was a teary night to say the least. We are all so blessed to know that families are eternal and that there is a plan for each and every one of us. Like Meredith said...it's a VERY humbling experience.
I just don't know what to say...just tears for their loss. I cannot even imagine (nor do I want to try) their grief and pain right now. I pray that the Lord will take each of their hands and guide them through this immense pain that they are feeling right now. I don't know how anyone could make it through something like this without His help.
Nicely put Kisha! I agree with you whole heartedly!! Even though our knowledge of eternal families won't take away the pain of the loss - it still is comforting to know that we can be together forever.
Wow, what an enormous trial. A friend of mine just lost their precious baby girl last week as well & my heart does just ache for them. It is such a huge blessing to know of our plan on this Earth. My thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family at this time.
Kisha this was so beautiful. My prayers go out to these two families!
Post a Comment