Monday, December 17, 2007

NEW TRADITIONS

So, I have heard of lots of people that have the tradition of making gingerbread houses at christmas time. And I've always wanted to do it. Knowing that Dan would make fun of me, and most likely not participate, I told him all about my dreams of making houses of candy. (and of course he did laugh in my face) Then, next thing I know, he planned out a gingerbread making family home evening with our friends Kolby and Tawnya Collard. But... no... Dan couldn't just have a typical evening of puting together a house of grahm crackers and frosting, as you can see below we had a SCROLL SAW to cut out our yummy houses. Leave it to Dan to bring the power tools to a gingerbread house party! In fact we had so much fun we invited my Bro and Sis-in-Law, Klete and Tatum over for some more fun. As you can see, Tatum had a little trouble with her's and Klete made something you might see in Ecuador. All in all we had a great time, and I think Dan has a whole new outlook on the cheesy side of Christmas traditions.

Tawyna on the saw!

Tawnya, Kolby and LincolnKlete and Tatum
Kisha's gingerbread house #2
Dan surrendering to his sweet tooth!
Thanks for the fun times everyone!


0 comments: